ABOUT THIS JOURNAL
1. The Egerton Journal of Science and Technology (Egerton J. Sci. & Technol) (ISSN 2073-8277) is an open access multidisciplinary peer-reviewed journal published thrice annually. The Journal publishes original research papers, critical reviews, case studies and short communication derived from biological, environmental, medical, physical, veterinary, agricultural, architectural, computer, information technology and engineering sciences.
2. Ideas and opinions contained in the papers are those of the authors and not those of Egerton University or Journal Editors.
3. As an editorial policy, original unpublished full papers (2000 to 6000 words) in the fields mentioned above, which advance knowledge, university teaching and research will be considered for publication.
4. Critical review articles (4000-10000 words), which discuss previously published work and show originality in the discriminative selection of material for comment and assessment of the current state of research and knowledge in the topics chosen for discussion will be considered.
5. Short communications (1000-3000 words) emphasizing significant new concepts, methods, applications and preliminary research findings may be accepted. Acceptance depends on: Research results which are complete but do not warrant comprehensive treatment; Other useful research findings and developments which in the opinion of the Editorial Board would be of value if published promptly.
6. Ethics in publishing
- Authors are expected to be fully truthful and accurate in the presentation of their work.
- The manuscripts must be original and without any sort of plagiarism.
- Data access – The authors may be requested to provide raw data that may be retained by the journal for sometimes where necessary for peer review and proof of statistical results presented.
- When authors discover significant error or inaccuracy in their published work, it is their obligation to promptly inform the journal editor to retract or correct the paper.
- If the work involves human or animal subjects, the authors should ensure there is approval from the appropriate institutional committee. Informed consent is necessary for human subjects. A statement should be included to this effect when submitting the manuscript.
7. Submission of Manuscripts: This will be done fully online after registration.
Guidelines for manuscripts preparation before submission can be viewed by CLICKING HERE
8. Cover price for the printed copies of our journal are: Kenya = KES.600; Africa = US$20; Rest of the World = US$30.